Páginas

CLASSROOM ACTIVITIES.FILE 1.LESSON 1

CLASSROOM ACTIVITIES


FAKE QUOTATIONS AND SAYINGS ABOUT FOOD
1º A

  • God gives bread to those who don't have teeth. (Gerardo)
  • Make your day by eating an apple a day. (Jesica Alonso)
  • When you're hungry, all dishes look delicious. (Soraya)
  • If bullfighting is an art, cannibals are dining. (Pedro)
  • Those who get up early.. make breakfast. (Rocío)
  • Enjoy eating and you'll live smiling. (Candela) 


  • In the cook's house.....precooked food. (Leidy)
  • Love never dies of starvation but often dies of indigestion. (Laura Palao)
  • 

A man suffering form love indigestion


  • Olive oil is good for your health. (Alba Mero)
  • There's no bad food. Only undercooked food. (Estefanía)
  • Don't eat fast. Take your time. (Laura Guerrero)
  • Eating varied food will make you feel good. (Coral González)
  • When you become a parent you will eat eggs. (Paula)


  • If you fill your stomach, your heart will be happy. (Anais)
  • If it has legs you can eat it! (Diana)
  • Bread and bread: fools' food. (Raquel) 

  • Eating a bit is having a bit of fun. (Ester)
  • When you eat fruit, remember who's planted it. (Marian)
  • Traditional food is neccessary for my life but I need my mother in the kitchen. (Mari Cruz)
  • From the sea eat  hake, from the earth, eat lamb. (Virginia)



1º B

  • You must eat a good breakfast if you want to be the cleverest person in your class. (Bárbara)


An example of good breakfast?




  • If you don't want to have stiff muscles after doing sport, drink orange juice with some sugar. (Inés)
  • With good chocolate, even sadness tastes sweet. (Almudena)


  • I'm in love. My love is chocolate. (Elisa)
  • To enjoy your meal don't stuff yourself. (Paula)



People stuffing themselves with fast food


  • If you have a sore throat have some honey with lemon. (Yolanda)



  • Melons from Tomelloso: big, good, sweet. The best for the summer! (Noelia)




  • Milk is bad for me. If you want me to drink it put some colacao in it. (Raquel)
  • While eating, eat and be quiet or else...I'll tell you to eat and be quiet! (Gladys)


Eat and be quiet!

  • What is raw fish to me for my friends is good food.(María)


  • Little apples of Perú, how old are you? (Jota)
  • Grapes and cheese know how to kiss. (Yolanda)


  • Never eat standing up. Your stomach will suffer. (Cristina)

  • There is not more sincere love than love for food. (Gema)
  • A second in your mouth, the whole life in your waist. (Belén)

men's waists

  • My mother's food isn't as good as my grandmother's. (Sara)
  • When you are hungry you only see food. (Eva)
  • If you eat a lot tomatoes in the winter you will easily  get a nice suntan in the summer. (Marta)



  • If you drink a lot of beer you have to be aware of your belly. (Abel)

belly caused by drinking too much beer



  • Chocolate is like sleeping. The more you get the more you want. (Alba)
  • Grandma's food is always good. (Chus)
  • Be on a diet, do sport but don't touch your granny's food.(Irene)
  • If you have olive oil, you will live longer. (Patricia)

  • At Christmas I love eating roast pork with a small red apple in its mouth. (Nerina)

Don't eat me Nerina!



TRIVIA ABOUT FOOD

1- Black-eyed peas are not peas really. What are they? (Apart from a pop music band,of course!): A kind of bean with a black spot at the inner curve.


2- What are the two top selling spices in the world? I have read that the world's top two selling spices are pepper and cumin but of course my source may be wrong.

 
cumin (comino)

3- What animal's milk is used to make authentic  Italian mozarella cheese? It is made from the buffalo's milk.
4- What country produces two thirds of  the world's vanilla? Madagascar


5- What food is the only one that does not get spoiled? Honey is the only food that does not go off. Honey found in the tomb of Egyptian pharaohs has been tasted by archaelogists and it was edible.



6- How much fat can be found in carrots? None

7- Who brought the ice cream into Europe? Marco Polo

8- Where does the word "salary" come from? It comes from Latin. In Rome, the soldier's pay was originally salt. So the word salary comes from it.


IDIOMS RELATED TO FOOD

Find out the meaning of these set phrases or idioms

1- It's no use crying over spilt milk: It's a waste of time worrying, complaining or feeling sad about something which is done and cannot be changed. 
Spanish: Dejar de lamentarse (por algo que ya no tiene remedio)
Example: I know you're disappointed with your exam results. Next time study harder but stop feeling so sad. It's no use crying over spilt milk.


2- To be cheesed off: (very colloquial expression) To be fed up, bored, annoyed.
Spanish: Estar harto de, cansado de, aburrido, hasta las narices de hacer algo o de algo.
Example: I'm cheesed off to wake up so early early day!
 

3- A piece of cake: very, extremely easy to do.
Spanish: estar chupado, ser coser y cantar, estar tirado.
Example: We finished the exam very quickly. Actually, it was a piece of cake.


4- To sell like hot cakes: be sold quickly and in big quantities.
Spanish: venderse como rosquillas, como churros.
Example: Ken Follet's books sell like hot cakes.


5- The apple of one's eye: A person, usually a child, who somebody loves very much; a favourite child.
Spanish: el favorito, la niña de tus ojos.
Example: The second child, Edward, was the apple of his mother's eyes.


6- To be full of beans: very active, lively and healthy.
Spanish: estar rebosante de energía, vitalidad.
Example: After his terrible illness, Ferdinand is again full of beans.


7- To spill the beans: To tell somebody something that should be kept secret or private.
Spanish: contar todo, desvelar un secreto, tirar de la manta.
Example: We tried to keep it a secret from  Sheila but John spilled the beans!



8- As cool as a cucumber: Very calm and relaxed
Spanish: tan fresco, como si nada
Example: The walk was long and tiring but she was as cool as a cucumber and wanted to keep  on walking !
A similar expression is as fresh as a daisy:(in Spanish) fresco como una rosa .


9- A hard nut (to crack) : A very difficult problem to solve or a very difficult person to deal with.
Spanish: un hueso duro de roer
Example: You'll find it difficult to make him change his mind.He's a hard nut.


10- A couch potato: A person who spends most of his/her time sitting and watching television.
Spanish: no se me ocurre otra cosa mejor que teleadicto (pero en sentido peyorativo).
Example: Cindy is really angry with her husband because he keeps sitting down in front of the TV all the time watching sports. She says she's married a couch potato!




FOOD MOMENTS IN POETRY

I have eaten
the plums
that were in
the icebox

and which
you were probably
saving
for breakfast.

Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so cold.

William Carlos Williams 



I eat my peas with honey
I've done it all my life
It makes the peas taste funny
but they do stick to my knife. 
Unknown.

Peas and honey.

When my father had been dead a week
I woke 
with his voice in my ear.
 I sat up in bed 
and held my breath 
and stared at the pale closed door.

White apples and the taste of stone
if he called again
I would put on my coat and galoshes. 

Donald Hall

Galoshes
There are four chairs round the table,
Where we sit down for our tea.
But now we only seat set places
For Mum, for Terry and me.
We don't chatter any more
About what we did in the day.
Terry and I eat quickly,
Then we both go out and play.
Mum doesn't smile like she used to.
Often, she just sits and sighs.
Sometimes, I know from the smudges,
That while we are out she cries.

John Foster.
Tears smudge her face







Watch the video and put the sentences in order of appearance. Please note the words in red ink. They are verbs in present continuous or progressive (am/are/is+-ing) because they are describing  what is going on in the scene.

  1. An apple is eating as man's thumb.
  2. A woman made of orange skin is getting into a jar of body cream.
  3. A scary face made of water melon is screaming. One of its hands is holding a tap.
  4. A tomato and a tangerine are separated by a metal fence. They look as if they are trying to climb over the fence to be together.
  5. A human figure is coming out of a water melon.
  6. A human food and its toes are made of bread.
  7. A lemon is kneeling down over a squeezer. Maybe it's begging it not to be squeezed or maybe it's drinking juice out of the lemon squeezer.
  8. A man made of an orange skin is carrying an orange.
  9. A face is made of cabbage . It looks as if it's watching something terrible.
  10. A pear looks like a guitar.
  11. A butterfly made of apple flesh is flying out of an apple.
  12. An angry-looking face made of bread is biting a knife.
  13. Jesus Christ's face is made of flour.
  14. Some sheep made of cauliflower are looking at a tomato, which is wearing a pair of glasses.
  15. Hands made of bread are begging for money
  16. A house with doors and windows open and a pram made of an eggshell.The yolk is the baby.
  17. A sad-looking face made of  potato. Maybe it doesn't like what is going on in front of its very eyes.
  18. A dolphin made of  a banana is jumping out of water.


LISTENINGS


CALORIES


Click and  listen.Then answer the questions.




1- What was the speaker's attitude towards calories intake when he was younger? He never thought about it.
2- Why is the speaker so careful about what he eats now? He needs to be more careful now because he is older and he puts on weight easily.
3- What's the problem with yummy food? The yummiest food has got the most calories.
4- How does the writer solve the problem of calories intake? He does a lot of exercise and that way he can eat what he wants and doesn't have to think about calories any more.
5- How many calories does he burn off and where? He burns off  more than four hundred calories when he goes for a work-out in the gym.
6- What does the speaker say about restaurants? Why? He would like them to give more information about calories so it would be easier for him to know what to eat and what to avoid.


MY FOOD HABITS
Click ,listen and answer the questions. 
 




1- What kind of restaurants did the speaker use to go to when he was younger? Fast food restaurants
2- What sort of food did he use to have? Write the examples he mentions. He used to eat high- fat food: crisps, sausages, chocolates and all kind of sugary drinks.
3- Why did he not put on weight? He did not put on weight easily because he did a lot of exercise.
4- What kind of food does he eat now? He eats healthy food now that he is older.
5- What ingredients does he normally use to make salads? Lettuce,onion, cucumber and carrots
6- What ingredients does he occasionally add to salads? Cheese and nuts
7- What type of food does he not like very much? He doesn't like dairy products very much
8- What types of meat does he mention? Pork, veal and lamb.
9- Write the adjective he uses to describe the vegetables, fish and fruit he likes. Fresh
10- What kind of food does he prefer: precooked or home-made food? He prefers home-made food
11- What does he do when he is tired and does not feel like cooking? When he's tired and doesn't  feel like cooking he goes to a restaurant and buys some takeaway food.


DREAMS
  
 1º A
  • Im my dream I'm having  a bowl of cereal for breakfast. While I'm tidying up the kitchen my parrot  Coto is repeating the same on and on:" Today it's  your lucky day". I think maybe he's right and I buy a lottery ticket.Now I'm sitting in front of the TV. I hear my number is the lucky one!. Something is making a terrible noise. Oh no! It's the alarm clock! (Rocío Rodríguez)

  • I am swimming in the sea and I'm talking to the fish about the pollution and its consequences. Suddenly  an oil slick is sorrounding us. We are trying to escape but the oil slick is so big that it is impossible. I'm so scared! (Leidy Ramírez)

oil slick: chapapote




  • In my dream I'm playing the piano in a big auditorium and everyone is watching me. Suddenly my fingers disappear! I'm shaking and the public can't understand what is going on. People are booing while I'm looking for my fingers. I close my eyes and the public has gone. I'm in front of an empty auditorium. (Candela Ezama) 

  • I'm in the sea with my family. I'm swimming and my father is snorkling while my mother and my sister are preparing some sandwiches for lunch. A man is going out of the sea. He is  shouting: ¡A shark! ¡A shark!. Sure enough, a shark is coming out of the sea and going to the bar. It's ordering a beer! (Andrea Cruz)
 

  • I'm a rock star. I'm singing in a concert and everybody is screaming my name and singing along my songs. They are crazy about me! I can see that people are laughing. I can't understand why until I look at my body and see that I'm not wearing clothes. I'm naked! (Rebeca González)

  •  I'm in a park with my friends . We're eating an ice-cream. It's a hot, sunny day and one of my friends suggests going to the swimming pool.We all agree. In the swimming pool we are playing in the water, diving. I can hear a terrible noise. I open my eyes: the alarm clock  is ringing! ( Almudena Peláez)

  • Captain Piranha has kidnapped me and now he is inviting me for dinner. Me, The Hairy Princess, refuse his invitation but he keeps asking . He's so cute.. The most exquisite delicacies are on the table. We are chatting until sunrise.  The sun is rising and now he's telling me that the sunrise is dedicated to me....( Laura Palao)


      Captain Piranha and The Hairy Princess


        • I am sitting on the grass with some friends. We're having a picninc, talking, laughing. We are really having a good time. Shortly afterwards, one of us is opening some bags of crisps. A big cockroach is coming out of a bag and now it's moving among us. It's not a dream, it's a nightmare!. (Diana García)


        Scared cockroach



        • I'm walking on a desert beach with my dog. The sun is heating the sand. My feet are burning and I'm running into the sea. Now I'm coming back to my log-cabin and my boyfriend is sitting on the stairs. He's waiting for me. He is standing up. I'm kissing him .. (Raquel Bajo)
          
        • I'm flying. I feel so happy. People are looking at me. They are smiling. They're also flying. We see our lives in a different way. There are no problems. We are very happy. (Esperanza Olego)
        • I'm sleeping in a big bed. I'm in a lovely house. I wake up and shortly aftrewards I'm having breakfast in the porch, enjoying the scenery. Me and my pets (three dogs, a rabbit, a donkey and a goat) are going for a walk in the forest. (Natalia Novas)
        • I am speaking a lot and a person is listening to me . Now, this person is running and I'm running too. While I'm running, all things are changing at the same time. People are singing. It's a fantastic song! All people are dancing and I'm dancing with them. I am very happy. (Jesica Alonso)
        •  I'm travelling with my friends. We're going to the beach. We are in the hotel and now we are trying to find a place to park. I see myself. I'm getting the suitcase out of the car. Now we are on the beach. One of us is swimming in the sea. (Soraya Ruiz)
        •  I'm walking to the sky, next to The Smiling Cow (La vaca que ríe). She is giving me some cheese. Now I see a monkey. He's telling me that I'm his friend and he would like to go to a party with me. Now I see myself and the monkey. We are dancing and drinking. The monkey is looking at me and saying : "You'd better have a healthier life!" (Gerardo)
           
        The Smiling Cow
        •  I'm making music on my computer but suddenly everything is disappearing. I'm going to the street where the buildings are crumbling. I'm watching the sun. It's melting and the moon is falling to the Earth. A blue four-armed girl is coming up to me. She is telling me: "You're forgetting the verb in your equation". I wake up and think what the hell is going on in my head. (Pedro)
          
        Melting sun
        •  It's a beautiful day in my town and I'm reading in my family's garden. Mom is singing an old song while she's watering her flowers. My dog is jumping in the grass. This pet is the apple of her eyes. Mom is asking me if I'm having a nap after reading. I am telling her I'm not sleeping now. I'm listening to your song." "It's a song that my mother used to sing. Do you want to learn it?" she is telling me.... (Cruz Garro)

        • The sun is shining and I'm in the park. I'm playing with a ball and some guys are coming up to me to take my ball. I'm running after them. Suddenly I find myself in an abandoned house. I can hear some noises. I'm scared. I'm running and I feel something is chasing after me. Everything is dark and I'm falling down the stairs..... (Alba Mero)
        An abandoned house
        •  I'm sitting down on the grass with my friends. We're playing cards and we are laughing out loud. One of my friends is kidding and another one is turning on the radio so we can listen to some music. Another friend is saying it is time to go home. This is when I wake up. (Ester Rodríguez)
        •  I'm going to the cinema with my parents and suddenly I run into a childhood friend. We start chatting. She's telling me that her mother is working in an office today. I  keep walking. I can see a big tree where some children are playing. (Virginia del Pico)
        • It is raining. I'm walking in the street and I feel someone is following me. I look back and I see a person. She's wearing a black coat. This person starts running to me. I feel afraid. Suddenly, I can see this person is just my sister. (Laura Guerrero) 
        • I'm enjoying my summer holidays in a small village with my boyfriend and his family. We are walking for the streets but his granny is running after us. She's holding a plate with  croquettes and she's screaming, but we are running away from her. ( Virginia Amaro)
         
        Virginia's granny's croquettes
        •  I'm working in my shop. Everything is lovely and quiet. My boss is coming. He's dancing in a coloured dress. I 'm running and see myself driving a bus. My family is calling me and this is because my boss is at home. He's singing and my neighbours can't stand it and they are smashing everything they see on the floor! I wake up but go back to sleep again. (Patricia Gómez)

        • I'm walking in the street and I see a furious black bull that is coming up to me. I'm in a crystall ball and feel safe.  The bull is closer. It's running so fast. The bull is hitting my ball which breaks into pieces...I wake up with a start. (Paula García)
          
        •  Me and my friends are walking on a desert island. We can see all kind of strange animals: lions are climbing the trees, monkeys are flying in the sky and fish that have two heads. I'm so frightened that I wake up and get out of bed. (Coral González)

        Two-headed fish

        • It's eight o'clock. I'm wearing my favourite dress and I'm going to school. It's  25 June 2012. I'm coming into the hall and see some partners. We are now going up the stairs. We are laughing. Today We are sign language interpreters! (Marian Pérez)
        • I am getting married in a Registration Office but my family is not with me. My dad's car has broken down  and he's fixing it. Another phone call. They got lost. Thanks God they are coming just in time for the wedding banquet. They are really enjoying the wedding party now! (Anais Conejero)
        • I am watching TV. The telephone is ringing. It's mom. She is telling me that she needs me urgently. I'm rushing to the car. I see my mom is giving me a big present. I'm very happy because it's a cake! (Lara García).
        • I'm walking with my boyfriend. We are talking about something when a dog appears. The dog is jumping and barking around us. I realize the dog is blue. Then I look around and see that there are many blue trees and shrubs. My boyfriend is worried and he is telling me we should get out of that place. I'm begging him to stay with the dog a bit longer. (Estefanía Ramírez)





          • I'm swimming in the sea. a lion is swimming next to me too. I can't believe my eyes! The lion is telling me I very much look like him. I don't believe it but now I can see a pride of lions is coming towards me. Now I'm looking myself into the water and see my aspect: I'm a lion! (Jorge Gómez)
          A lion swimming in the sea


          READ YOUR PARTNERS' DREAMS AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS.

          1. In his/her dream, who is kissing her boyfriend?
          2. In his/her dream, who loses her fingers in a concert?
          3. In his/her dream,who doesn't like her boyfriend's granny's food much?
          4. In his/her dream,who enjoys listening to her mum's lovely song?
          5. In his/her dream, who is playing in a concert naked?
          6. In his/her dream, who is taking the luggage out of the car?
          7. Who dreams about blue dogs? 
          8. In his/her dream,who follows her pet's advice?
          9. In his/her dream, who sees the Earth is being destroyed?
          10. Who dreams her mum is calling her because of an emergency?
          11. Who dreams about being a sign language interpreter?
          12. In his/her dream,who enjoys walking in the forest with her pets?
          13. In his/her dream,who is dedicated a sunrise?
          14. In his/her dream,who looks like a lion?
          15. In his/her dream,who is in a crystal ball, safe from a horned beast?
          16. Who dreams her family is having some problems to get to her wedding?   
          17. Who dreams about sharks fond of beers?  
          18. In his/her dream,who is with her friends in a swimming pool?
          19.  In his/her dream,who sees a childhood friend on her way to the cinema?
          20. Who dreams about very strange animals?
          21. In his/her dream,who is given some advice by a monkey?
          22. In his/her dream,who is living in the perfect world (no problems, everybody's happy)?
          23. In his/her dream,who is concerned about environmental problems?
          24. In his/her dream,who is playing cards with her friends  and laughing out loud? 
          25. In his/her dream,who has a nasty experience with a bag of crisps?
          26. In his/her dream,who is singing, dancing and  feeling really happy?
          27. In his/her dream,who is in a derelict building?  
          28. Who dreams about her boss singing and dancing in her parents' house?       


          1º B

          • I am sitting under a big tree. The birds are singing and the sun is shining. Suddenly, I hear a boy. He's speaking very loud. I'm walking to him to ask him why he's shouting. When he sees me coming up to him he runs away. (Yolanda Navarro)
          a boy shouting


          • I'm in the middle of a green meadow. Suddenly two people on my left are calling me. They're holding me up and now we are flying over the place. (Eva Cuenca)
          a greeen meadow


          • I'm on the top of amountain. Suddenly, everything is getting dark. I can't see anything. I'm so frightened. The ground is trembling and is splitting in two. I'm falling down the mountain.... The alarm goes off. It's a nightmare and now I'm smiling nervously. (Yolanda Pérez)
          • I'm walking in the woods. On my right, a cat is playing the harp. On my left, two men are building the roof of a house. It's funny! The house does not have any walls! How strange! I'm feeling really happy. Now I'm listening to a ring sound and the whole place is disappearing. Too bad! It was a  dream! (Marta Martín)
          A cat playing the harp

          • I'm walking in the countryside and I'm wearing a flowered dress. My feet can feel the grass because I don't have shoes on. I can see butterflies and birds. I can smell chocolate. I'm standing in front of a chocolate house. Now I'm eating it. How yummy! (María Sández)
          • Peter is visiting a friend in a mental institution. I'm there visiting Aretha Franklin, well he thinks he's Aretha Franklin. Suddenly I see him, a vision. I'm asking Aretha if she knows who this man is. I'm looking at his skin and I think I'm falling in love. Aretha is opening her lovely eyes and she is singing: "From the moment I wake up, before I put on my make-up, I say a  little prayer for you.."  (Raquel Torregrosa)
          • I am walking with my boyfriend in the park. We're talking about our future.We are coming up to the lake when a dog grabs my bag. He's running with my bag now  and  we're running after him. I'm crying for my bag and my boyfriend is really angry. (Ana Gómez-Valadés)
          •  I am walking down a sandy path. On both sides there are flowers. Everything is black and white. What's going on? As I'm moving the flowers are growing and changing their colour! the flowers are calling me. I'm walking more and more slowly. My eyes are closing. I just want to sleep but I wake up. (Cristina Talavera)
          Flowers calling Cristina


          • I'm walking down the street. I'm very hungry. It's imppossible for me to get home. In the street two children are throwing a ball to each other and a big lorry is in  front of my hosue. A band is doing a street concert. I need to get home but I can't!  (Alba Fernández-Calvillo)
          • I am in Miami. I am talking to my nephews in fluent English. My sister is preparing a low-fat meal while we are having milk and cereal for breakfast. I hope this dream will come true one day. (Nerina) 
          • I'm in a tea-shop with my family and my cat. Suddenly, my cat is running out. I'm looking for it. A man is coming into the the tea-shop. I know that he's looking for me. He is staring at me and his face is changing. (Paula Rey)
          •  
          • I am lying on the beach, listening to my favourite song. I'm looking around. It's a place I don't know.Ther are two children. They're playing with a ball. A woman is reading a book and a group of boys are running. A lot of people are swimming in the sea. I'm asking a man where the bus to go to the  city is but he doesn't understand me. I'm asking more people but they don't understand me either. They are speaking a language I don't know. Then I see a sign which says: Madagascar. (Elisa Trigo)
          • There are  a lot of people. they are making movements. What are they doing? I hear some music. I see now. They are dancers! I'm looking into a mirror. I'm wearing a white dress and trainers. Someone is holding  my hand and  is taking me to the stage. I'm alone in the middle of the dark stage. The dancers seem to be frozen. My body is moving to the  rhythm of the music. I'm a dancer! (Bárbara Carramolino) 



          • I have a horse. I'm cooking his food. The horse's name is D.J. He likes my food. Then DJ is running for the mountains. He's looking for other horses. He wants to go with them. I am freeing DJ. Now he's trotting to the other horses. He's happy. So am I. (Noelia Hernández)
          DJ.Noelia's horse


          • I'm going home after school. I can see a man who is coming towards me. I'm walking faster and so is the man. I'm near home . I can see the door. I'm running but I cannot reach the door... (Gema Camino)
          • I'm in a castle with a prince. I'm rich. We're going to the city centre. I'm looking at a wonderful ring. A man is coming to me. He's telling me I'm beautiful. I think he's the man of my life. After two hours, I'm going to his house and I'm meeting his parents. His mum is cooking...and I wake up. (Sara Oviedo)
          • It's night. I cannot see anything.Wait! I can see something. It looks like two severed hands. It's horrible! I'm running because the amputated hands are coming towards me and I am really scared. I'm trying to scream but it's imposssible because the hand are strangling me I open my eyes. It's been a nightmare.(María Jesús Pérez).

          Strangling hands

          • In my dream I'm flying for the sky. I can feel the clouds and the birds are flying with me. My mind is blank. I'm not thinking about anything. I really feel good because I feel free. (Patricia Trigo)


              
          • I'm walking in a street in Japan at night. People are staring at me. I'm surrounded by so many lights that it's impossible for me to see the stars. Some buildings are decorated with posters of video games. I feel weird in this country but I would like to live here some day. (Jaime) 
           
          • I'm flying as high as a bird. I can see a river from above. I'm landing and now I'm sitting down on the grass. I'm drinking water. There are a lot of funny animals around. The sun is shining brightly. When I open my eyes, the view is quite different: only buildings around and I feel sad and depressed. (Gladys)

          • Time after after I have this dream. I'm talking to a man and asking him if I  have the chance to go back to the past and change something about my life. This is what I'm doing now. I'm going back to the past and there  I see myself so young, so proud, lively, energetic, full of beans.. I'm talking to him (myself) and telling him not to be scared:" I'm here to tell you that you left me a shitty pension, so next time think carefully about your vote in the next elections and how to change this complex situation." (Abel)


          Too small a pension to retire!
           
          •  The sun is caressing my shoulders. I'm  walking barefoot on the grass slowly. Who is running towards me? Are they angels? Their faces are glowing, their clothes are shining. No they aren't angels. They are coming to meet me: they are my children. (Nina)
          Barefoot in/on the grass
              

          • I'm sleeping in the beach. I'm sunbathing. I can hear the sound of the sea very near me. It's a beautiful sensation. Suddenly, something hits my foot. I wake up and I see myself totally soaked. (Jota)


          People sunbathing
          • I'm dreaming in my bed. I don't know why but I need to get up. Now I'm walking to the bathroom and then I'm watching TV. I'm watching a horror film. I hear some movements in the corridor: It's a monster. I'm running to my bedroom... (Irene)

          •  In my dream I'm flying over the sea. I can see a desert island. I'm very nervous because I can hear some strange noises. I imagine a person is coming up to me and I'm very much afraid. This big,big person is telling me: Inés!, Inés!. But.. the big person is my mother who is telling me it's time to get up!! (Inés Grande)

          • In my dream I have a baby. She's blonde and is older than two. My baby  very much looks like my friend's daughter. I'm taking her for a walk. She is sitting in her pram although she can walk and run after the pidgeons. It's a nice dream but the alarm goes off and I wake up. (Esther Sánchez)


          A blonde baby


          READ YOUR PARTNERS' DREAMS AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS.
          1. In his/her dream, who has a problem with a bag-snatching dog?
          2. Who dreams about DJ (this time it's not the person who plays records in a disco)?
          3. In her dream, who feels sad when she sees buildings all around her?
          4. Who dreams about a boy who is shouting out loud?
          5. Who dreams of being a mum?
          6. Who dreams a big person is calling out her name?
          7. In his/her dream, who's worried about his retirement?
          8. Who dreams she's in a tea-shop and a man is staring at her?
          9. In his/her dream, who cannot reach the door of her house and a man is after her? 
          10. In his/her dream, who sees someone is building a house with a roof but no walls?
          11. In his/her dream, who can't get home although she is trying it hard?  
          12. In his/her dream, who dreams about a singer and her beautiful song?
          13. In his/her dream, who is wathcing  a horror film and then thinks a monster is after her?
          14. In his/her dream, who is flying and feeling on top the world?
          15. In his/her dream, who is sunbathing and a big wave spoils this relaxing moment?
          16. In his/her dream, who is in a green area?
          17. Who dreams about shining creatures?
          18. Who dreams of two murderous hands?
          19. Who dreams about flowers that are growing  as she is walking?
          20. In his/her dream, who sees himself walking in a Japanese city?
          21. In his/her dream, who is eating chocolate?
          22. In his/her dream, who can speak English fluently?
          23. Who dreams about being  a dancer?  
          24. In his/her dream, who is witness of something similar to a quake?    
          25. Who dreams she's in a remote country where she 's having some communication problems? 


          No comments:

          Post a Comment